Commercial Unit – General Info
The Actisol® Commercial Unit mixes a low volume of insecticide with a high volume of air, atomizing the mixture in a special nozzle. The atomization nozzle produces a high proportion of ideally-sized insecticide particles in a continuous high volume air stream. The aerosol penetrates further to reach target insects in the most hidden recesses of cracks, crevices, and voids. This improved penetration is DEEP HARBORAGE pest control.
Preparations and Guidelines When Making ULV Aerosol Applications
(Mallis Handbook of Pest Control, Ninth Edition)
- Everyone in the treatment area must wear an approved respirator during treatment and when re-entering a treated area when the aerosol may still be present.
- Turn off all pilot lights or sources of open flame. Ventilation systems and air moving systems should be turned off. Appliances that routinely create high heat should be turned off. Computers and other electrical equipment should be turned off, covered, or removed from the treatment area.
- All non-pest management personnel must leave the treatment area. Cover or remove ornamental plants. Cover and seal all aquariums. Aquarium filters must be shut off and not turned back on until the aerosol is no longer present. Pets, including exotic pets (birds, amphibians, reptiles, arachnids) must be removed. Re-entry for exotic pets is not recommended for a period of 24 hours.
- All exposed food must be removed or placed in containers that will prevent contact with the insecticide. Food preparation utensils and surfaces must be covered or cleaned thoroughly before reuse.
- Close and lock all entry ways. Professionals may want to consider posting warning signs on doors opening into the treatment site.
- Open all doors, cabinets, storage areas, and drawers in the treatment area.
- Before reoccupation, thoroughly ventilate treatment area.
- Do not use gasoline-powered equipment in grain mills, flour mills, grain storage, or grain processing areas. Grain/Flour dust may be highly explosive. Electric powered units must be certified as explosion proof for these sites. Check with manufacturers for details on certification.
- Thank you EDS, inc. for making such incredible equipment! I use my actisol 2-3 times a week on some tuff German roach jobs. There is zero chance of getting them under control without my actisol. I also use the PERIMETER PRO all day everyday!!! The ease of mobility, strong motor, great battery life, and exact amount of chemical per job makes this equipment a MUST HAVE! I will Never go back to a truck mounted spray rig, and feel bad for those that haven't made the switch!- Jimmy “Bugman” Massicott | Owner, Scott’s Pest Control, Pearland, TX